Monthly Archive for Nov 2013
NEW Benefits to Timebanking UK Membership
We all know the importance of being part of a national timebanking movement like Timebanking UK. With the current standard membership, each time bank can
- Use our timebanking software,
- Have opportunities to network via events and social media,
- Share best practice via our website,
- Download essential documents from our membership section,
- Attend regional training
- Swap time with other time banks.
Now, we can add the following:
Sign up to the Timebanking Quality Mark
- Show you are working to the national timebanking standards and safety procedures as set out by Timebanking UK
- Its free of charge with your membership and all you have to do is agree to our working policy around safeguarding.
Request a form by emailing email@example.com.
Have a buddy/mentor
- Need some help getting started?
- Does your time bank need a boost?
- Help writing policies or long term sustainability plan?
Request more information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be a paid buddy/mentor
Would you like to help a time bank near you? We can now offer you paid opportunities to help other time banks for a day/half-day.Click here to register your interest with some detail about what you feel most comfortable helping with or your area of expertise…….
Are you a large organisation or local authority? Don’t miss out!
With our on-site support, advice and resources, we can help you implement timebanking across your city or county involving your residents or service-users. Get things kick-started by taking out our LOCAL AREA MEMBERSHIP package. Email email@example.com more information or to sign-up. Here is what you get for £3k over 12 months:
- Licence to operate the Time-On-Line software including the National Exchange where you can swap time credits between time banks
- Three days a year on-site advice and support in designing, implementing and improving systems and procedures for introducing timebanking into mainstream practice.
These days can be split or taken as half days.
- Monitoring and evaluation toolkit assessing the impact of your time banking scheme
- Guardianship of a ‘kite mark’ (approved provider status), for each timebanking initiative
- Training places to equip frontline workers with the theory and practical skills needed for successful timebanking. You can choose from a range of topics such as:
- Safeguarding, DBS and risk – Time Bank Broker training – Organisational timebanking – Using the timebanking software – Start-up paperwork, policies and procedures – Interactive workshops
- Options to work with you to create your strategy, development plan and toolkit for future use and expansion of timebanking into other areas of your organisational activities
- Membership for up to 10 time banks in the specified area to include DBS checking,
- Regular TBUK newsletters and invitations to national and regional events
NEW on-site training days and workshops (where WE come to YOU)
- Getting started (2 hours)
- Time Online (half day)
- Working with specific groups of people (older, disabled, learning disabilities, mental health, young people, homeless etc) (2 hr workshops)
- Working with voluntary, statutory or private sector organisations (particularly CVS’s)
- Day to day operational issues and workshops on difficult scenarios.
HALF DAY OF DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT ON:
- Internal procedures, training plans, development plans, project management, policies, and statistics.
NEW TOPICS (3 hour workshops)
- Working with prisons
- Co-production – what is it and how to involve your time bank members
- Skills mapping (individuals and organisations)
- The boundaries clock – managing the relationship between the Broker and the members; ensuring the safety of the Broker.
- Developing and networking satellite time banks
ALL DAY WORKSHOP
- Bring and Fix © – a new way of engaging local people in timebanking
- Monitoring and measuring the impact of your time bank
- Creating a website for your time bank
COSTINGS: Charges will apply when delivering these training sessions on site UNLESS this is part of a Local Area Membership.
Date 15th October. Location Somewhere in London!
On the banks of the River Thames where once the Romans held their coffee mornings, Time banks got together for a Celebration and Inspiration event. Held in City Hall London and introducing TBUK’s new board members we got underway with a world café in which:
Liz Kent – Age Uk Bromley and Greenwich
Rose Fraser – Bromley by Bow
Lucy Bird – Somersham
Gwyneth Baker – Freemantle TB Southampton
Anne Lancaster – Circles Network-Reading
Isle of Wight TB
Sat at tables talking about their projects and attendees could dip in and out
and ask questions and perhaps give some some advice.
Ruth Naughton-Doe then gave some feedback on monitoring/evaluation data she had gathered from Time banks in the UK over the last couple of years. After coffee and networking was a short film from Hourbank Peckam which, in my humble opinion, showed Timebanking at it’s roots and is one of the best films for showing one to one exchanges, old, young and what can be done to break down barriers of our youth.
Martin Simon then explained current activities and the plans for the future. Followed by Josh from From Fairshares, who spoke about Timebanking in prisons.
Neil Drinkwater of Westend Timebank went on to speak about his Fund raising success.
Alison Paul of Paxton Green Timebank (of which I am proud to be a member) talked about coproduction and sustainability and showed a short film.
Peter Roberts Timebanking consultant spoke about maximising your Timebanks potential.
Kaaren Morris from Broadway Timebank explained how Timebanking has helped the homeless and vulnerable people in her area.
Phillippe Grainger of Rushey Green spoke about keeping the broker safe.
Sarah Bird introduced and spoke of our TBUK quality mark launch.
The final word were given by Sarah and Martin.
It was off to the pub afterwards the usual suspects attended it would be nice to see more and new faces for our yearly drink, yes that’s just one yearly drink and to guess what, talk about TIMEBANKING!