Welcome to our website.
• the content of the pages of this website are for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice
• neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law
• your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements
• this website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions
• all trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website
• unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
• from time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s)
• your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Timebanking UK and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Timebanking UK does not host the website therefor we cannot warrant that the functions contained in the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the server that makes it available is free of viruses or bugs.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Timebanking UK. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Timebanking UK takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Our website policies:
• Cookies policy
• Acceptable use policy
Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. You can find out more about cookies and how to control them from your browser by visiting www.aboutcookies.org
Cookies enable us to:
• estimate our audience size and usage pattern
• store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
• speed up your searches
• recognise you when you return to our site
IP addresses and cookies
• We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our members. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Timebanking UK may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is The National Council for Voluntary Organisations of Society Building, 8 All Saints Street, London N1 9RL, UK. The information you provide will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act and may be used by Timebanking UK and its agents to supply the services which you have requested.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• internal record keeping
• we may use the information to improve our products and services
• we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided if you have requested these
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address shown on our contact page. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Acceptable use policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
• in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
• for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
• to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam), or for your own commercial or business purposes
• to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use
• not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt
• any part of our site
• any equipment or network on which our site is stored
• any software used in the provision of our site
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
• chat rooms
• bulletin boards
• blogs, wikis, comments and ratings
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Please let us know immediately if any provision of this acceptable use policy is broken by you or other users or if you have any other concerns about material posted to the site.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
• be accurate (where they state facts)
• be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
• comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
Contributions must not:
• contain any material which is defamatory of any person
• contain any material which is misleading or unreliable
• contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
• promote sexually explicit material
• promote violence
• promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
• infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
• be likely to deceive any person
• be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
• promote any illegal activity
• be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
• be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person
• be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
• give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
• advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
Uploading material to the Website:
Linking to the Website:
• You may link to the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage the reputation of Timebanking UK or take advantage of it either commercially and non-commercially. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on the part of Timebanking UK where none exists
• You will remove any such link immediately if requested by Timebanking UK
Intellectual Property Rights
• All Content on the Website is the copyright of Timebanking UK or third parties
• You may view the Content on screen. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the Content in any way except for non- commercial personal or educational use
• You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Content except for non-commercial personal or educational use. Any other use of the Content requires the prior written permission of Timebanking UK
• The status of Timebanking UK (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of any Content must always be acknowledged
• If you copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the Content in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made
• The names, images and logos identifying Timebanking UK or any other third parties referred to on the Website and their products and services may be subject to copyright, design rights or trade mark rights. These trademarks may not be reproduced without the consent of the relevant owners. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark, design right or copyright of Timebanking UK or any other third party.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
• immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site
• immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site
• issue of a warning to you
• legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs on a solicitor and client basis) resulting from the breach
• further legal action against you
• disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Timebanking UK aims to make our website accessible and usable by people of all abilities and disabilities, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive or motor impairments.
Many people use assistive technologies to allow them to adjust their experience of a website to make it easier for them to use. For example, they might view a website in easier-to-read colours with larger fonts, they may choose to experience content as spoken text, or they may navigate around a site using the keyboard only. As these assistive technologies become more available and sophisticated, we want to ensure that our website continues to work well with them to deliver a good experience for all our users. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website.
Our web designers and developers, NAME OF WEB DESIGN COMPANY, use a range of methods and processes to ensure that our website is accessible to all users. For example, all images and hypertext links should include an alternative text description and tables should not be used to define the layout of the site. The site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards-compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly. However, whilst we strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it may not always be possible to do so in all areas of the website. Furthermore, there may be visual differences when using different browsers and users with different devices will experience the website in different ways.
If you have any questions regarding the accessibility or usability of our website, please contact us